Monday, November 27, 2006

11/18/06

After finishing the entry yesterday, paid the bill and went to buy a hat to protect my poor pale head. I've been sure to use plenty of sunscreen. Then to a nap. Fell asleep after a bit and was then woken up Tony at 6:30 PM. We took a taxi to a newer part of the city. I love the tuk-tuk's, but Tony is not fond at all, so a taxi it was. Not much to report here. Had a couple drinks at Cheap Charlies. Cool, unique, little outdoor bar with mostly all farang. Got back late and went straight to bed. Have not been getting too much sleep, but last night, got 4 or so hours and felt quite refreshed.

Went down at 11am and had a cup of coffee and another dish of pad Thai (fried noodle dish). This is my staple. I love the 20 baht price :) and always satisfying and tasty.
Tony and I after much haggle with the driver arranged a tuk-tuk ride to the Royal Palace where the king lives. The temples from yesterday had nothing on the palace. Blows away anything I've seen in my 31 years as far as structures built by man. Simply amazing. I hope the photos I eventually post will show a little of its grandeur.

Tony and I are still getting along very well. I'm glad for his company. And once again his influence got me there. It cost 250 baht to enter and I had to put a deposit on a pair of pants since shorts were not aloud. Almost I kept them, but internal struggle at "stealing" (though I'm sure they would of profited from the 100 baht deposit) pants from the King :) had me go back and return them. I really had wanted years from now to show them off and say "here are pants from the King's palace in Thailand" !!! :) But the memory of almost taking them will always be with me :)

Tony sits behind me drinking a beer. I'm a bit tired, but not quite tired enough to warrant a nap. I've inquired about Muay Thai fighting and seems there is a match tonight. We may end up going to check it out. Muay Thai is supposedly the ultimate striking fighting style (though I'm unsure how it would hold up if a fight went to the ground).

No comments: